O’Fallon, IL is a great place to explore the outdoors! With over 1,200 acres of parks and green spaces, there is plenty to explore and discover. Whether you’re a local resident or just passing through, here are some of the best parks and trails in O’Fallon to check out.
1. O’Fallon Community Park – This massive park covers over 200 acres and features a variety of amenities, including playgrounds, picnic areas, sports fields, and walking trails. There is also a lake and a splash pad for cooling off on hot summer days.
2. Rock Springs Park – This historic park has been a favorite destination for families for over 100 years. It covers 130 acres and is known for its beautiful rock formations and natural beauty. There is a playground, picnic areas, and several miles of hiking trails.
3. Hesse Park – This 25-acre park is a great place to take the family for a day of fun. It has a playground, picnic areas, and a sprayground. There are also several walking trails that wind through the park’s beautiful landscape.
4. SAFB Bike Trail – This 12-mile bike trail runs through O’Fallon, Fairview Heights, and Belleville. It provides a great way to explore the area’s natural beauty and take in the sights and sounds of the outdoors.
5. Nature Trails at the O’Fallon Sports Park – There are several nature trails that wind through this 200-acre park. They offer a great way to explore the park’s natural beauty and see the wildlife that call it home.
6. Richland Creek Greenway Trail – This 2.2-mile trail runs along Richland Creek and is a great place to explore the area’s natural beauty. It is open to walkers, joggers, and bicyclists.
7. Southpointe Park Trail – This 1.5-mile trail winds through a beautiful wooded area and around a small lake. It is a great place to take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
No matter what your interests are, there is something for everyone to enjoy in O’Fallon’s great outdoors. So grab your family or friends and get outside to explore the parks and trails today!