Located in southwestern Illinois, just over the Mississippi River from St. Louis, Missouri, lies the city of O’Fallon. While many may see it simply as a suburb of St. Louis, O’Fallon has a thriving local business scene that deserves recognition.
From small boutique shops to family-owned restaurants, O’Fallon’s local businesses offer a unique and personalized experience for residents and visitors alike. Meet the makers behind some of O’Fallon’s top local hotspots:
1. Peel Wood Fired Pizza – This restaurant has been a staple in O’Fallon since 2010, serving up delicious wood-fired pizzas and appetizers made with locally-sourced ingredients. The restaurant’s warm and rustic ambiance has made it a go-to spot for date nights and family dinners. Owners Brandon Case and Patrick Thirion have expanded their business to include two additional locations, in Clayton and Edwardsville, Illinois.
2. Cookies and Cream – This family-owned ice cream shop has been serving up sweet treats to O’Fallon since 2001. With over 24 flavors of hand-dipped ice cream and a variety of toppings, Cookies and Cream has something for everyone. Owner Kelly Piske is known for her creative ice cream flavors, like “Roadrunner,” a mix of cherry, blue raspberry, and lemon.
3. WCK Fitness – Located in O’Fallon’s downtown district, WCK Fitness offers personal training, group fitness classes, and nutrition coaching. Owner and Head Trainer Jim Whiteley has over 25 years of fitness experience and is passionate about helping his clients achieve their health and wellness goals. The gym also offers a range of programs, like boot camp classes and nutritional challenges, to keep clients motivated and engaged.
4. Savvy Surrounding Style – This interior design firm and boutique home decor store has been serving O’Fallon since 2009. Owner and Interior Designer Jamie Toon has a love for mixing patterns and textures to create unique and personalized spaces. Along with her team of designers, Toon offers a range of services, from full-scale home renovations to simple space makeovers. The store also offers a selection of home decor items and furniture pieces.
5. Studio 1 Salon – This full-service salon has been helping O’Fallon residents look and feel their best since 2007. Owner and Master Stylist Heather O’Brien is known for her expertise in color treatments and cutting-edge hairstyles. The salon offers a range of services, from haircuts and color to waxing and lash extensions. The salon also has a range of hair care products available for purchase.
These are just a few of the many local businesses that call O’Fallon home. From food to fitness to home decor, O’Fallon’s local businesses offer a unique and personalized experience that can’t be matched by chain stores or franchises. So next time you’re in town, be sure to support these small businesses and meet the makers behind them.